Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jessica's 2 cents

Hello, Ladies!

I always look forward to our meetings the entire month. This time, however, I am sick - sick enough to miss our meeting. I was especially looking forward to this meeting so that I could tell you all in person how grateful I am for each of you, for your prayers, and your kind and thoughtful words. I have learned so much from this experience. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Another reason I am sad to miss tonight is that I LOVE picture books. Some of my favorites that I would have brought tonight are: Dex (formerly Superdog): The Heart of a Hero by Caralyn and Mark Buehner; Julius, Baby of the World by Kevin Henkes (or really any picture book by him!); Yertle the Turtle and Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss. These are only a few of my favorites.

We often talk about service. We have had some wonderful experiences lately. We dusted the children's section at the library. We watched our neighbor's twin babies so that they could pack to move. I read this blog article and thought it was a wonderful idea that I plan on implementing as soon as I am well enough to have a complete thought: http://dianehopkins.blogspot.com/2008/12/secret-service-star.html Be sure to check out her other posts as well, especially the one about fitting in. Wow.

I hope you all have a wonderful time tonight and drive safely in this Winter Wonderland! Lots of love and wishes for a Merry Christmas!

No comments: